- Se el yilo nebrakada femininum! Amor me solo! Sanktus! Amen." (U10.845)
- I bought it from the other cart for a penny, Dilly said, laughing nervously. Is it any good?
My eyes they say she has. Do others see me so? Quick, far and daring. Shadow of my mind.
He took the coverless book from her hand. Chardenal's French primer.
- What did you buy that for? he asked. To learn French?
She nodded, reddening and closing tight her lips.
Show no surprise. Quite natural." (U10.862)
- Some, Dilly said. We had to." (U10.872)
- Hello, Bob, old man, Mr Dedalus answered, stopping.
They clasped hands loudly outside Reddy and Daughter's. Father Cowley brushed his moustache often downward with a scooping hand.
- What's the best news? Mr Dedalus said.
- Why then not much, Father Cowley said. I'm barricaded up, Simon, with two men prowling around the house trying to effect an entrance." (U10.883)
- Hold that fellow with the bad trousers.
- Hold him now, Ben Dollard said.
Mr Dedalus eyed with cold wandering scorn various points of Ben Dollard's figure. Then, turning to Father Cowley with a nod, he muttered sneeringly:
- That's a pretty garment, isn't it, for a summer's day?
- Why, God eternally curse your soul, Ben Dollard growled furiously, I threw out more clothes in my time than you ever saw." (U10.904)
- They were made for a man in his health, Ben, anyhow.
- Bad luck to the jewman that made them, Ben Dollard said. Thanks be to God he's not paid yet.
- And how is that basso profondo, Benjamin? Father Cowley asked." (U10.913)
Ben Dollard halted and stared, his loud orifice open, a dangling button of his coat wagging brightbacked from its thread as he wiped away the heavy shraums that clogged his eyes to hear aright.
- What few days? he boomed. Hasn't your landlord distrained for rent?
- He has, Father Cowley said. " (U10.939)
The policeman touched his forehead.
- God bless you, Martin Cunningham said, cheerily." (U10.956)
- Yes, Martin Cunningham said, fingering his beard. I wrote to Father Conmee and laid the whole case before him.
- You could try our friend, Mr Power suggested backward.
- Boyd? Martin Cunningham said shortly. Touch me not.
John Wyse Nolan, lagging behind, reading the list, came after them quickly down Cork hill." (U10.962)