- Not here. Don't see him." (8.694)
- Roast and mashed here.
- Pint of stout.
Every fellow for his own, tooth and nail. Gulp. Grub. Gulp. Gobstuff." (U8.697)
He came out into clearer air and turned back towards Grafton street. Eat or be eaten." (U8.701)
Suppose that communal kitchen years to come perhaps. All trotting down with porringers and tommycans to be filled. Devour contents in the street. John Howard Parnell example the provost of Trinity every mother's son don't talk of your provosts and provost of Trinity women and children, cabmen, priests, parsons, fieldmarshals, archbishops. From Ailesbury road, Clyde road, artisans' dwellings, north Dublin union," (U8.703)
The back of this PC reads: "In 1853 Queen Victoria and Prince Consort visited Dublin and this carriage was purchased from M Hutton who was then Lord Mayor of Dublin and a Coachbuilder. The Queen used the carriage on the few occasions she opened Parliament during her widowhood. It is still being used by H.M. Queen Elizabeth II on State Ceremonies."
The bath chair was designed by James Heath of Bath around 1750, and was intended for ladies and invalids. It became very popular during the Victorian period, when it was primarily used at seaside resorts. It superseded the sedan chair as a form of transport in 18 and 19c. Britain. The common bath chair (shown on this PC) was pushed from behind, and steered by the occupant. Queen Victoria's version, built by Cheverton on the Isle of Wight in 1893, could be pulled along by a pony led by a footman.
Father O'Flynn is an Irish song, with lyrics by A.P. Graves and music by C. Villiers Stanford. It goes thus:
"Of priests we can offer a charmin variety,
Far renownd for learnin and piety;
Still, Id advance ye widout impropriety,
Father OFlynn as the flowr of them all.
Chorus: Here's a health to you, Father OFlynn,
Slainte and slainte and slainte agin;
Powrfulest preacher, and tenderest teacher,
And kindliest creature in ould Donegal.
Famous forever at Greek and Latinity,
Dad and the divils and all at Divinity
Father OFlynn d make hares of them all!"
From a tourist pamphlet dated 1900: "In circumference, the Phoenix is 7 miles, and the extent 1,760 acres - thus being, with the one exception of the American National Park at Yellowstone, Wyoming, U.S.A., the largest public park in the world."