"The scenes depicted on the emunctory field, showing our ancient duns and raths and cromlechs and grianauns and seats of learning and maledictive stones, are as wonderfully beautiful and the pigments as delicate as when the Sligo illuminators gave free rein to their artistic fantasy long long ago in the time of the Barmecides." (U15.1446)
"Glendalough," (U12.1451)
"the lovely lakes of Killarney, the ruins of Clonmacnois," (U12.1451)
"Cong Abbey," (U12.1452)
"Cong Abbey," (U12.1452)
The Cross of Cong (12c.) was commissioned by the king, Turlach O' Connor and was made in Roscommon in 1123. It is said to contain a relic from the cross of Christ. It was in the Cong Abbey and now in the National Museum of Ireland.
"Glen Inagh and the Twelve Pins," (U12.1452)
"Glen Inagh and the Twelve Pins," (U12.1452)
"Ireland's Eye, the Green Hills of Tallaght," (U12.1452)

Ireland's Eye is a small island off the coast of Co. Dublin, directly north across Howth Harbour. The ruins of a Martello Tower and an 8c. church are the only signs of previous habitation. Its most spectacular feature is a huge freestanding rock called the Stack, which plays host to a large variety of seabirds.
"the brewery of Messrs Arthur Guinness, Son and Company (Limited)," (U12.1453)
"Croagh Patrick," (U1453)
"Lough Neagh's banks, (U12.1454)
"the vale of Ovoca, Isolde's tower, the Mapas obelisk, Sir Patrick Dun's hospital, Cape Clear, the glen of Aherlow," (U12.1454)

"Lynch's castle, the Scotch house, Rathdown Union Workhouse at Loughlinstown, Tullamore jail, Castleconnel rapids, Kilballymacshonakill," (U12.1456)
A SV of Lynch's Castle.
"the cross at Monasterboice," (U12.1458)
Cyclops Pages: